My 15 minutes of fame

Sometimes time gets away with me, especially as a semi-new mom. I'd bet most of you are thinking "where did the summer go!?" and I'm right there with you. September weaseled in like that dog from A Christmas Story who jumps on the table and steals the turkey. BAM! You blink and your turkey is gone!

Yeah. That was my August.

So when I realized how late in the year we really were it dawned on me that... this was it. It was time! I have been waiting for months for this moment and here I was *forgetting* all about it!


See that? I'm in there!!! I've been published in multiple online magazines (and let's face it, MANY of the scrapbook publications have gone this way) but there is something so completely special about seeing my work in print... the old fashioned way. It's even more awesome that the piece chosen was Owen's baby memorabilia shadowbox. Pages 62-63. I may have to shellac it and hang it on a wall... or something. ;-)

8 comments:

Mandi said...

Congrat, Jess! That is just awesome! I'll to see if I can find a copy and check it out!

Anonymous said...

Jess!!! Amazing. I'll look for a copy...please give the boys a big hug from me and take one back from them.

Sarah said...

Congrats, Jess! How exciting- I can't wait to see it in print, either! :)

Jenny said...

huge Congrats, Jess. very well deserved!

JulesinParadise said...

You are the bomb! Love all your work (and you!)

Valbelieves said...

Done!

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

Congrats Jess and so well deserved! You are crazy talented girl!!!

thursdaysmother said...

I have looked for this mag EVERYWHERE and I can't find it. Where do they carry it? Or is your feature so popular they're just sold out at Barnes and Noble, Borders, JoAnn's, and Books a Million?