Fresh Air

I really love the colors in my layout today from the Miss Art’s kit Vinnie’s Vignette.  This kit is full of softness and Spring… and that’s just about what I need this time of year to breathe a little fresh air into the Winter gray. 

Little ThingsLittle-Things

little-things-detail1 (2)

little-things-detail2 (2)

little-things-detail3 (2)

Both my color pallet and design elements everywhere in home décor and design right now. It doesn’t hurt that I absolutely love these colors and patterns! Chevrons (or zig zags) are also popping up everywhere in design these days. I like using them as a more masculine touch, even though I am perfectly comfortable putting floral prints on my boy pages.

The chevron pattern was easier to make than it looks. I cut 1” x 1” squares of patterned paper and then cut each of those into triangles. Then, you simply stagger the triangles in two lines. I added some stitching to reinforce the pattern.

I really enjoy picking a kit apart to find the unexpected uses that go beyond a first impression. In this case Vinnie’s Vignette initially appears to be an ultra feminine heritage kit but I think I did a pretty decent job with this layout of my little guy. I’ll be back next month with a more traditional look for this gorgeous kit but check it out in full detail at Miss Art’s Papercrafting School!


photosglitterglue said...

great layout!

Ryann Salamon said...

Love your take on chevrons on this LO. Super cute!

Felicitas Klink said...

looks stunning.
happy new year and congrats to pink paislee :D

sabrina said...

Très jolie Page !!
Great !!!